A lot of people have been asking us, “what is this Awesome Sauce we’re hearing about?” Well, here’s the lowdown with a great recipe to boot.
The Awesome Sauce was created by Robbie’s Gourmet Sausage Company to be included as part of our Bevy Box service delivering specially curated local food and drinks to your home. It’s been such a huge hit that Robbie’s has now also begun selling it within his shop.
Have you tried the Awesome Sauce? It’s perfect for dipping, dunking, spreading and makes a killer potato salad dressing!
Check out this recipe from JB Strong and grab yourself some Awesome Sauce at the shop this weekend or through a Bevy Box delivery.
JB STRONG’S AWESOME POTATO SALAD WITH PICKLED RED ONION
- 3 pounds red potatoes (approx. 8 medium red potatoes)
- 1 medium red onion, sliced thin
- 1½ cups red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. mustard seed
- 8 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro or parsley
- 1 container Robbie’s Gourmet Sausage’s Awesome Sauce (just over 1 cup)
- Kosher salt & fresh pepper, to taste
- 1 roasted red pepper, diced
- ½ cup diced celery
- First, combine the red wine vinegar, sugar and mustard seed in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Once mixture comes to a boil, remove from heat and let cool slightly before adding sliced red onion. Transfer to a container and let cool.
- Boil the potatoes in a large pot of salted water over high heat until tender, approximately 15-20 minutes. Drain and let cool slightly.
- Once potatoes are cool enough to handle, dice and place in a large bowl. Add the diced eggs, cilantro (and red pepper & celery if using.)
- Drain the red onions and add to the potato mixture. Combine with Robbie’s Awesome Sauce and salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or refrigerate and serve cold.
*In this moment of crisis, it is more important than ever to support the small businesses in our community. We are asking all our visitors for the smallest of favours to provide us with some resemblance of cash flow. Please click on the above advertisements in the middle of our articles. We thank you very much for your support. Stay calm, kind and positive.*