Valentine’s Day. Love it or hate it, you’re likely to be left in the dog house if you don’t acknowledge it, so WindsorEats has compiled ways for you to enjoy it across Windsor-Essex.
It only comes one day a year so show how madly in love you are make it a memory that will last.
1. Go Traditional With A Dinner Out
Restaurants across the the region will be offering special meals just for couples. Take advantage of some of these special prices and dishes being offered just for Valentine’s Day:
- Tropical Hut Philippine Cuisine is offering dishes which include seared scallops in orange juice and white wine and grilled salmon with peach salsa. Click here for the full menu.
- The City Grill is offering a special a la carte menu on Friday, February 12 as well as a $60 prix fixe four course menu on February 13-14. Click here for the a la carte menu and here for the prix fixe menu.
- Enzo’s will be offering a special 4-course meal for only $45 per person. Click here to view their menu.
- Oxley Estate Winery is offering a special menu for dinner on Saturday, February 13 and Sunday February 14 starting at 5:00pm. Click here to view the menu.
- Terra Cotta Gourmet Pizzeria is having a lover’s special from February 12-14. Enjoy a Nero salad for two, your choice of Pizza Elegante and a dessert for just $25.
- Caesars Windsor wants you to celebrate at one of their restaurants, including Neros Steakhouse which is offering a 4-course meal for $79 per person.
- Rino’s Kitchen is serving up a wonderful 3-course meal for $40 per person. Click here for the full menu. In addition to this special menu they will be featuring a scaled down version of their regular and feature menu.
2. Try to Win Your Love
Licia Ruby Food Company are very excited to announce the release of their Valentine’s Day chocolate truffle gift boxes. Featuring 15 unique, handcrafted flavours like The Cracker Jack (popcorn infused roasted white chocolate ganache, peanuts, sea salt), they make the perfect gift for someone special in your life.
The best part? You can enter to win a free 25 truffle gift box valued at $65. Click here to learn more about how to win.
3. When the Macarons Hit Your Eye…
That’s amore. If you’ve ever had the macarons from Sweet Revenge Bake Shop you know exactly what we’re talking about. The popular bake shop is offering 6 macarons for $13 in a pretty gift box or $25 for a box of 12. Flavours include crème brûlée, passion fruit, cinnamon hearts, vanilla bean, cookies and cream, salted caramel, chocolate strawberry, s’mores, birthday cake and raspberry. They’ll also have chocolate dipped strawberries for $1 each.
Speaking of popular bake shops with amazing treats, The Little White Kitchen will also be having a special on macarons and chocolate truffles.
4. A Heart for Poetry
On February 13, Taloola Cafe will indeed be decorated for V-day but they will be poeticizing with love in their hearts about the wonderful subject of food. Their Food Poetry Night is for the lovers of all things poetry and yummy.
It’ll be an intimate and fun evening dedicated to the bounty of words on a topic we all can’t live without. Show commences at 8:00pm.
5. Beer United and it Feels So Gooooood
Peanut butter and jelly. Bert and Ernie. Beer and love. Some things are just meant to be together. Walkerville Brewery is offering some specials for your beer loving Valentine. From February 1 to 14, you can get gift wrapped packages like a 750mL bottle and pint glass for $15, the bottle and pint glass and a long sleeve shirt for $35 and the bottle, glass and a hoodie for $55.
If you’re looking for a Valentine’s Day event that involves beer, they will be hosting Cheese n’ Cheers with The Cheese Bar from 6:30pm to 9:00pm on Sunday, February 14. For $40 you can partake in a 3 course, beer and cheese pairing (6 beers and 6 cheeses plus dessert). Tickets can be purchased at cheesencheers.eventbrite.ca.
If you’re looking for some alone time but still want some beer to tag along, you can always pick up some craft beer to go in bottles from Motor Craft Ales or Brew and some growlers from Craft Heads Brewing Company.
6. Be Brunch Buddies
Make it a full day. Tiki Sushi is generally closed on Sunday’s but will open February 14 from 11:00am to 3:00pm for a Ramen noodle brunch. There will be a very limited menu featuring ramen only.
Ramen is also available every Saturday at Eros Asian Eatery. Be sure to get there quick as lineups have been known to form and the ramen usually sells out.
If ramen isn’t your thing, The City Grill is hosting a Champagne brunch on Valentine’s Day featuring items like buttermilk chicken and waffles, striploin steak French dip and more. Click here for details.
7. Pick Up A Special Meal for Home
Do you have a gluten-free Valentine? K&T Specialty Foods have 3 romantic options to make your Valentine’s day special: a ‘Sweets for your sweet’, ‘I love you more than pizza’ and ‘Your making dinner, let us help’. Only $25, $35 and $50, ready for pick-up on February 13. Orders must be received by February 10. Click here to view the special take home meals.
8. Make Dinner at Home
Have the itch to be really romantic? Try cooking dinner at home with some of our recipes. We’ve got a boatload of recipes listed on Pinterest, but here’s a few we thought might up the “Wow” factor.
- Make shrimp ceviche in 5 minutes.
- Crispy skinned trout is always a favourite and easy to make.
- You shouldn’t be in love with anyone who doesn’t love pork belly. Put them to the test.
- If you’re still thinking about the beer from earlier in the article, try this espresso ice cream and milk stout beer float.
9. All the Single Ladies
Single? Bitter about your last breakup? Don’t hate. Celebrate!
This Valentine’s Day, the folks over at Snack Bar-B-Q are bringing back their twist on Valentine’s Day. Snackbar is known for their smoked meats and now they want you to ”smoke your ex”. Bring a photo or letter from your ex-lover and receive a free appetizer. They’ll then throw your emotional offering into the smoker to set you free.
If that doesn’t help with the sorrow, we recommend you gorge on a Porknado. That should definitely make you forget about ‘what’s their face’.
10. Go East
Guests will be treated to snacks upon arrive before they sit down to enjoy a traditional Punjabi style dinner. Cocktails will be available and the menu for the evening will be a surprise and the chefs are wanting to surprise with their take on the dishes.
Tickets and $65 per person and can be purchased by calling Dressed by an Olive.