WindsorEats is currently searching for tour event guides. We believe that our guides are the most important part of our tours and therefore we invest in making sure we take in only the best. Below is more about the position. If you are interested please send us your resume and cover letter at email@example.com.
Positions: WindsorEats Walking Tour Guide/Storyteller
Location: Windsor, ON
Season: May-October (high season), Nov – April (low season)
Hrs: Average of 2-4 tours per month
Hours: Majority of the work is on Saturday mornings and afternoons.
Tour and Event Guide Job Description
WindsorEats, a food and drink guide for Windsor-Essex, is currently seeking individuals for positions as walking tour guides/storytellers. Specifically we are looking for guides that will specialize in our Food and Beverage themed tours. These guides will be responsible for leading interactive, theme-based tours and events that will give attendees enjoyable, engaging, and in-depth experiences of the neighbourhoods and local businesses of Windsor-Essex and provide attendees with in-depth knowledge about food and beverage tasting, industries and history. Therefore knowledge and a passion for food, beer, wine and/or liquor is a must. Experience with beverage and food pairing is a plus as well as knowledge of the industries and history. Finally, we believe that our guides are the most important element of our tours so we seek people who are personable, passionate, entertaining, and fun which helps ensure that WindsorEats’ guests have the time of their lives on our tours.
- Demonstrate knowledge in one or more of food, beer, wine, or liquor; and one or more of the following: Tour guide experience, acting experience, public speaking experience, food industry expertise.
- Have experience in interacting with diverse groups of people from a wide range of cultural, racial, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Be knowledgeable of and enthusiastic about the history, cultures, and industries of the Windsor-Essex area.
- Be comfortable with speaking in front of groups of people
- Have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude, sense of humour, and friendly personality.
- Perform well under pressure and demonstrate good judgment and communication skills.
- Be able to commit to giving at least two tours per month, particularly Saturday and Sunday mornings and afternoons
- Exude awesomeness.
It will be considered an asset if you:
- Are certified in CPR and First Aid
- Have special food or beverage related certifications (Sommelier, Cicerone, etc.)
Please e-mail your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org