We’re so excited to announce that we’ve revamped the Drinks of Walkerville experience and made it better than ever.
The walking tour, named an Ontario Signature Experience, has been a centrepiece of showcasing our region as Whiskytown, Canada.
One of the big highlights of the experience is that it brings guests through North America’s largest distillery for a hands-on tour and tasting of several whiskies.
New to the tour, we’ve added a fourth stop: The Windsor Club, a private members club. Here, participants will enjoy a cocktail and snack while learning the history of how Canadian Club whisky was headquartered right next door.
Here’s a look at the highlights of what the Drinks of Walkerville includes:
- A hands-on tour of the largest distillery in North America – Hiram Walker & Sons – home to J.P. Wiser’s Canadian Whisky.
- A guided tasting of 4 Canadian whiskies inside the J.P. Wiser’s Brand Centre: Wiser’s Deluxe, Lot 40, Gooderham & Worts, and Pike Creek.
- A special fifth tasting directly from a whisky barrel.
- Enter the private members club, The Windsor Club, for a cocktail, a snack and to take in a unique view of the “Whisky Palace”, the original Canadian Club headquarters.
- Stroll through Hiram Walker’s historic company town, Walkerville, and learn about the history, the architecture and the folklore associated with Whiskytown, Canada.
- Sip on a flight of 4 craft beers at Walkerville Brewery before grabbing 12oz beer of your choice to tour the brewing facility with.
- Pull up to the bar at the popular F&B to learn and sample craft cocktails created by their mixologist.
The route for the tour has also changed. It will now include some additional history that’s significant on a local and national level, showcasing how whisky truly built Windsor and region to what it is today.
This is a high quality experience that is a must for whisky lovers, history buffs or really anyone that loves a good time.
Tickets are available for purchase online.