This could quite possibly be the dream job for any food and drink lover in Windsor, Ontario.
WindsorEats is looking for ambitious and outgoing individuals with a passion for food, drink, history and culture to fill our positions of Tour Guide/Storytellers for our walking and cycling tours and events.
We truly believe that our staff are the most important part of our business, and therefore, we invest in making sure we take in only the best.
Specifically we are looking for guides that will specialize in our food and beverage themed tours. These guides will be responsible for leading interactive, theme-based tours and events that will give attendees enjoyable, engaging, and in-depth experiences of the neighbourhoods and local businesses of Windsor-Essex and provide attendees with in-depth knowledge about food and beverage tasting, industries and history. Therefore knowledge and a passion for food, beer, wine and/or spirits is a must.
Experience with beverage and food pairing is a plus, as well as knowledge of the industries and history. Finally, we are seeking people who are personable, passionate, entertaining, and fun which helps ensure that WindsorEats’ guests have the time of their lives on our tours.
Our high season runs from May-October with most tours taking place within this time frame. Our low season operates from, November – April. We are looking for a commitment of, on average, of 2-4 tours per month during the high season. Majority of the work takes place on Saturday mornings and afternoons, but, there are some weekday tours.
- Demonstrate knowledge in one or more of food, beer, wine, or spirits; and one or more of the following: Tour guide experience, acting experience, public speaking experience, food industry expertise.
- Have experience in interacting with diverse groups of people from a wide range of cultural, racial, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Be knowledgeable of and enthusiastic about the history, cultures, and industries of the Windsor-Essex area.
- Be comfortable with speaking in front of groups of people
- Have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude, sense of humour, and friendly personality.
- Perform well under pressure and demonstrate good judgment and communication skills.
- Be able to commit to giving at least two to four tours per month, particularly weekends.
- Be capable of cycling approximately 30km.
- Be legally able to cross the border.
- Exude awesomeness.
It will be considered an asset if you:
- Are certified in CPR and First Aid
- Have special food or beverage related certifications (Sommelier, Cicerone, etc.)
- Have basic bicycle repair skills
If you are interested please send us your resume and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org before February 28, 2019.