WindsorEats is looking to hire creative, innovative, outside of the box team members to join our award-winning small business at our new location as well as for festivals, events and experiences.
Being part of the WindsorEats team, you would possess knowledge and passion for food, wine, beer and spirits, especially those made locally. You would build relationships with your guests and have a natural showmanship, along with great communication skills and attention detail.
Our team is responsible for making beverages in a timely and efficient manner while maintaining all of WindsorEats’ standards of quality. They also communicate beverage descriptions and modifications with team members to ensure guests receive their requested beverage.
Successful candidates for the position demonstrate leadership and innovation, with the ability to create ever evolving drinks and menus that showcase WindsorEats and themselves as leaders in the industry. Creativity, innovation, trying new things, thinking outside the box and a strong sense of community are at the core of what WindsorEats does.
Staff similarly embrace those components all wrapped up in a great, outgoing personality. New hires will be trained for all aspects of WindsorEats including serving, bartending, as well as the responsibilities for the almost weekly slate of events that WindsorEats hosts.
While experience is valuable, we believe personality and the ability to seamlessly fit into the vibe of our establishment and work well with our team and our customers is just as valuable.
Summary of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work in partnership with ownership to execute smooth and flawless operation of bar operations and and table service
- Complete all duties when necessary
- Develop a complete working knowledge of the menu items and their ingredients and preparation
- Develop a complete working knowledge of all products served in the bar
- Ensure that all details of service are performed by the bartenders to expected standards and that every guest receives the highest quality of service
- Drive cocktail menu changes to ensure fresh, innovative and seasonally accurate cocktails are available on the menu
- Assist with beverage procurement, beverage costing
- Accurately maintain bar beverage inventory control
- Stock and maintain all bar products including mis en place
- Ensure proper pouring, mixing, blending of drinks in line with Ontario law
- Perform bar opening and closing duties, completed daily to WindsorEats standard
- Present and prepare beverages in a clear and organized manner
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Excellent work ethic with a high degree of responsibility
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team and build relationships.
- Ability to multi-task and be a strong lounge server
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and able to lift and move beer kegs and cases, liquor and wine boxes
- Be extremely knowledgeable in the cocktail making process and history of cocktails to be able to lead cocktail/mixology classes
- Assist with special events
- Be creative and innovative
- Be Smart Serve certified
- Exude Awesomeness
- Having a Food Handling Certificate is considered an asset
- Other duties as assigned or required
WindsorEats believes in treating others fairly and embracing our staff as family. As a result, we ensure each member of the WindsorEats team receives a livable wage when working with us. This directly correlates to great experiences being led by individuals who are happy with and proud of their work.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest in WindsorEats; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process.