This could quite possibly be the dream job for any food and drink lover in Windsor, Ontario.
WindsorEats is looking for ambitious and outgoing individuals with a passion for food, drink, history and culture to fill our positions of Storytellers for our walking and cycling tours, festivals and events.
Specifically we are looking for guides that will specialize in our food and beverage themed tours. These guides will be responsible for leading interactive, theme-based tours and events that will give attendees enjoyable, engaging, and in-depth experiences of the neighbourhoods and local businesses of Windsor-Essex and provide attendees with in-depth knowledge about food and beverage tasting, industries and history. Therefore knowledge and a passion for food, beer, wine and/or spirits is a must.
Experience with beverage and food pairing is a plus, as well as knowledge of the industries and history. Finally, we are seeking people who are personable, passionate, entertaining, and fun which helps ensure that WindsorEats’ guests have the time of their lives on our tours.
At WindsorEats, we have always had a strong commitment to quality. From our staff to our experiences, the experienced WindsorEats team works closely together to ensure that every detail and person is taken care of.
We aim to provide world-class tourism experiences and to put Windsor, Ontario, on the map as a top culinary tourism destination in Canada. We truly believe that our staff are the most important part of our business, and therefore, treat them as such.
Our high season runs from May-October with most tours taking place within this time frame. Our low season operates from, November – April, but, is still busy with tours and events. We are looking for a commitment of, on average, of 2-4 tours per month. Majority of the work takes place on Saturdays, but, there are some weekday tours.
It’s a great fun position for retirees, students and food/drink/history/culture enthusiasts.
Examples of tour opportunities include leading our award-winning Wine Trail Rides, our Ontario signature experience Drinks of Walkerville, being part of a group leading 150+ cruise ship passengers through Detroit or our gluttonous Dirty Poutine tour. The jobs are incredible fun and you’ll be left amazed you’d actually be getting paid for it.
- Demonstrate knowledge in one or more of food, beer, wine, or spirits; and one or more of the following: tour guide experience, acting experience, public speaking experience, food industry expertise.
- Have experience in interacting with diverse groups of people from a wide range of cultural, racial, and socio-economic backgrounds.
- Be comfortable with speaking in front of groups of people
- Have a positive ‘can-do’ attitude, sense of humour, and friendly personality.
- Perform well under pressure and demonstrate good judgment and communication skills.
- Must work well in a fast paced, challenging environment
- Be able to commit to giving at least two to four tours per month, particularly weekends.
- Be capable of cycling approximately 30km.
- Be legally able to cross the border.
- Be totally awesome.
It will be considered an asset if you:
- Are certified in CPR and First Aid
- Have special food or beverage related certifications (ie. Smart Serve, Food Handlers Certificate, Sommelier, Cicerone, etc.)
- A valid passport and ability to cross into the United States
- Be knowledgeable of and enthusiastic about the history, cultures, and industries of the Windsor-Essex area.
- Have basic bicycle repair skills
If you are interested please send us your resume and cover letter at email@example.com.