The Sprucewood Shores Estate Winery‘s Meritage wine was the winner of a silver medal at the All Canadian Wine Championships. Medium bodied and delicious, this wine offers the palate a rich variation of flavors to explore. The bright aromas of red licorice and cherry reflect in a wine exhibiting great balance amongst fruit, acid, tannin, and body. The mid palate is lush and hints at black cherry.
This Meritage has an excellent finish that lingers on the tongue and, as Steve Mitchell of Sprucewood says, “in the mind”.
Enjoy with flavourfully spiced meats. Try this wine with the recipe below for a perfect pairing:
Vietnamese Aromatic Lamb Chops
- 15 (3 ounce) lamb loin chops (1-inch thick), local is preferred
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, or to taste
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 lime wedges
- 2 lemon wedges
- Place the lamb chops into a roasting pan, and season evenly with the garlic, garlic powder, chili powder, sugar, salt, and pepper. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of lime juice, soy sauce and olive oil. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Allow the lamb to stand at room temperature while the oven preheats.
- Roast uncovered in the preheated oven to your desired degree of doneness, about 20 minutes for medium, or 30 minutes for well done. Garnish with a sprinkle of cilantro and squeeze lemon and lime juice over the top before serving.