The Essex Pelee Island Coast has been consistently pumping out world class wines for years and a local winery has received more accolades to reinforce that claim.
Paglione Estate Winery recently took home 5 medals from the 2021 Great American International Wine Championships, including a Gold for their 2019 Josephine in the White Sparkling category.
Produced in the Charmat method, Josephine is an extra dry, light golden sparkling modeled after the prosecco style. It’s fresh and crisp with refined notes of green apple, mango, peach, and honey with a subtle, balanced finish.
The winery is one of the stops on our award winning Wine Trail Ride Cycling Tours and we’re excited and so happy that the Paglione crew is being honoured for their great work.
Which Wines Won?
Here is a list of all five medals Paglione Estate Winery received.
- 2019 Josephine – Gold (White Sparkling)
- 2020 Pinot Grigio – Silver (Pinot Grigio/Pinot Gris)
- 2020 Pinot Noir Rosé – Silver (Dry Rose)
- 2020 Gewürztraminer Orange Reserve – Bronze (Orange – Extended Maceration)
- 2019 Cabernet Franc – Bronze (Cabernet Franc)
There were over 900 entries into the competition and winners came from 11 different countries, with Paglione Estate Winery was the only medal winner from Canada.