Sometimes dreams do come true.
If you’re anything like me, you love breakfast. Not necessarily waking up for it, but eating it. I could live off of breakfast foods for lunch and dinner. Maybe even a midnight snack. Throw in chocolate, peanuts and caramel and you’ve pretty said to me you’ve been inside my mind and watching my dreams…don’t judge me.
We recently featured 3 must-try items from the all day breakfast menu recently launched at South Detroit in downtown Windsor. One of the dishes was the SD Jacks of the Moment, which pretty much means whatever crazy idea the chef comes up with for pancakes. It’s currently Snickers pancakes. I’ll let that settle in for a moment…
After wiping the plate clean with my tongue and the tears of joy from my face, I was able to convince South Detroit to share the recipe with us.
- 3 cups AP sUgar
- 3 tablespoon white sugar
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- 3 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup salted butter, melted
- 2 snicker bars
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a separate bowl, beat buttermilk, milk, eggs and melted butter
- Heat and lightly oil griddle on medium
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture and blend, don’t over mix. Add crushed snickers and mix. Pour 1/2 cup of mixture or each pancake. Brown on each side
- Top with caramel, chocolate, crushed snickers and butter. Serve and enjoy.