Sunshine and warmth.
What better way to enjoy a day than dining al fresco with a dish made with tomatoes from your very own garden?
Marco Malizia of Marco’s Pizzeria was happy to share us a family recipe that makes use of any extra tomatoes you may have. It is also a great time saver for someone needed a quick dinner solution on a crazy day. You can simply prepare a multiple bags and place in the freezer for later use.
Rigatoni Ala Margherita
- 1 Lb Ripe Campari or Cherry Tomato
- 4 Cloves of Garlic
- 6 Leaves of Basil
- ¼ Cup of Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Fiore Di Latte Diced
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper for Taste
- 450 Grams Rigatoni
- ⅛ Cup Grana Padano
- In a bowl mix quartered tomatoes, quartered garlic cloves and 3 leaves of basil torn in half.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place in Ziplock bag and place bag in freezer. The night before you are ready to use, remove from freezer and let thaw in fridge overnight.
- Bring pot of water to a boil.
- Salt water
- Add pasta, stir and let cook for 8-10 minutes
- While pasta is cooking, add contents of Ziplock bag into a frying pan.
- Simmer on high for 7 minutes
- When pasta is cooked reserve some of the cooking liquid.
- Drain pasta and add to the frying pan.
- Stir and allow to cook another 12 minutes adding reserved cooking liquid if needed.
- Remove from heat and add remaining basil, diced Fiore Di Latte, and Grana Padano.
- Continuously Stir until Fiore Di Latte and Grana Padano are melted.
- Plate and Serve Buon Appetito!