Chef Rob Nesbitt helped Robbie’s Gourmet Sausage Co. create a brand new sausage, the Al Pastor. He then had a little fun and made this taquito appetizer that can be made ahead, frozen and pulled out for dinner parties. For a healthier twist you can bake the taquitos.
- 1 pack of Robbie’s al pastor sausage (casing removed)
- 1 large red onion diced
- 1 jalapeño finely diced
- 1 cup finely shredded Monterey Jack or mozzarella
- 1/2 cup of softened cream cheese
- Vegetable oil
- Corn tortillas
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add diced white onion, finely diced jalapeño.
- Remove the meat from the sausage casing and break up into the frying pan. Brown the mean.
- In another bowl mix cream cheese, Monterey Jack cheese together.
- In batches warm the corn tortillas in the microwave (wrapped in a damp towel) this will soften the tortillas and make them easier to work with.
- Spread the cheese mixture in the middle of each tortilla and add some of the meat mixture. Roll them .
- Heat veg oil in another clean frying pan.
- In batches with the seems side down fry the Taquitos until they are sealed. Flip and cook the other side
- Cut on a bias and Top with pineapple salsa or some pico