November 2: Drinks of Walkerville Walking Tour
A favourite, this tour would definitely be one of Don Draper’s favourites as we start off at the Canadian Club Brand Centre as we take in the history of the building and brand before sampling the Mad Men character’s drink of choice, Canadian Club Whisky.
After learning all the about history full of famous (and infamous) characters that were big fans of the Canadian Club brand, we take a stroll through Olde Walkerville discovering it’s architecture as well as some well known and not so well known tales associated with the area.
We then will visit Walkerville Brewery and sample their beers while being walked through the facility and learning about the brewing process.
From the brewery we head to The Willistead where we’ll be treated to some more beverages. Scotch perhaps? Bourbon? Much like the ever changing menu at the popular restaurant, it’ll be a surprise!
By joining our tour you’ll receive an experience and some extras that you won’t be able to have on your own
Guests will enjoy:
- A tasting and tour of Canadian Club Heritage Centre
- Tastings and a tour at Walkerville Brewery
- A flight of 3 drink tastings and a tour at The Willistead
Visit https://www.windsoreats.com/place/drinks-of-walkerville/ for more info. Tickets are already more than 50% sold as of this posting.
November 7: Vegan Dinner at Foia Restaurant
Foia Restaurant will be hosting their final Vegan Dinner of 2013 starting at 7:00pm. Cost is $40 per person and includes:
- Appetizer: whole roasted artichoke with lemon dipping sauce
- Salad: wild mushrooms, sun chokes, parsnip chips, truffle and maple syrup
- Soup: butternut squash soup with tempura battered broccoli
- Main Course: creamy grits with a mildly spiced roasted vegetable tomato stew
- Dessert: chocolate and banana mousse tart with nut crust
November 7: Corks & Kegs Tasting Event
Its back! The 2nd Annual Corks & Kegs tasting event at Walkerville Brewery!
Join the hosts for a memorable night filled with great local Wine and Beer Food Pairings featuring:
- Wine Tastings poured by EPIC member wineries
- Craft Beer on tap by Walkerville Brewery
- Food pairings prepared by local Chefs from The Willistead and Mettawas Station Restaurants
- Dancing and music by local musicians
Tickets will be $50 at the door, or buy them in advance and save at https://corksandkegs2013.eventbrite.ca/
November 15: California Wine Dinner at Foia Restaurant
As the year winds down, visit Foia Restaurant and enjoy the final meal of the California Wine Dinner Series for 2013. Dinner begins at 7:00pm, costs $95 per person and includes wine and the following meal:
- Appetizer: Blini with spicy pulled pork, apple gastrique, citrus crème fraiche
- Soup: parsley root soup with bacon relish, fried zucchini, herb oil
- Salad: arugula with apple, candied walnuts, dressed by an olive cranberry pear balsamic, feta
- Main: Deconstructed Beef Wellington, beef tenderloin, pomme puree, mushroom demi sauce, puff pastry, braised cippolini
- Dessert: pumpkin tart, caramel, cinnamon crumble, toasted marshmallow
November 16: Tango & Wine with Colchester Ridge Estate Winery
Imagine yourself gliding across the dance floor with the heat of your feet burning up the tango. Now imagine yourself relaxing with a glass of CREW award winning wine in your hand!
From 7:00pm to 11:00pm you can stop imagining and live it. Cost is $20 per person and includes 3 wine tastings and a tango lesson. Call 519-738-9800 or 519-980-4801 for reservations and be sure to tell them WindsorEats sent you. Space is limited.
The evening of fun will take place at Dance Adventures 19 Division Street S. in Kingsville, Ontario.
November 16: Dinner & Dance Cruise with Windsor River Cruises
A dining cruise aboard the Windsor River Cruises‘ Macsassa Bay offers local residents as well as visitors to the Windsor-Essex County region a unique and memorable alternative dining experience that they won’t soon forget.
Tickets are $49.95 per adult or $34.95 per child. The cruise departs at 7:00pm.
November 17-19: Bring Food Home Conference
Windsor, Ontario will be hosting the 2013 Bring Food Home Conference – Building Bridges Together. This year’s conference will feature a wide range of workshops, new farmer training, compelling keynote speakers and a feast of local flavours.
Bring Food Home is Ontario’s biennial conference connecting those individuals and organizations who are working towards a sustainable food system. Join us in transforming the future of food. Registration is now open!
November 23: History Over Pints Walking Tour
History has never tasted so good. Walk your way through one of the oldest European settlements in Canada while being told its stories of years gone by. You’ll hear tales and folklore of Chief Tecumseh, learn all about the man who essentially formed Canada as we know it today, the badass that was General Brock, and more.
Oh ya, did we mention we’ll be stopping for pints at local establishments?
Guests will enjoy:
- Jaunt through historic Old Sandwich Town learning about its architecture as well as some well known and not so well known tales associated with the neighbourhood.
- A pint of beer at 2 locations.
- Learning about the history of events like the War of 1812 and more.
- When: The History Over Pints walking tours take place on the fourth Saturday of each month.
- Where: The starting point is in Old Sandwich Town in Windsor, Ontario. Details of the exact starting location will be emailed to you upon purchase.
- Age Restriction: Must be 19+ to participate in the tour.
- Duration: Approximately 2.5 hours
- How Much: $45 per person.
- Accessibility? Unfortunately, some portions of the tour are not handicap accessible.
- Don’t Drink? Let us know and we’ll provide you with a non-alcoholic beverage instead.
November 23 & 24:Holiday Open House at Colio Estate Winery
Time: 12pm to 5pm
Hors d’oeuvres & Entertainment: 1pm to 4pm
Location: Colio Estate Winery, 1 Colio Dr. (just off Walker Rd), Harrow, On
Cost: Canned Good or Monetary donation (proceeds to local food bank)
Join Colio Estate Winery for sumptuous local cuisine & live entertainment. All weekend sip premium wines, sample tasty tidbits and enjoy musical entertainment from 1:00pm to 4:00pm. Colio is offering a complimentary tour both Saturday and Sunday. Take advantage of their in-store sales and see their new holiday gift packages, wine accessories & more. Enter for a chance to win a door prize and Essex Pelee Island Coast (EPIC) Winegrowers Association grand prize getaway.
Please bring canned good or cash donation. All proceeds to local food banks.
Top Ten Items Needed at Food Banks
- Canned Meat & Fish
- Peanut Butter
- Beans in Sauce
- Cold Cereal
- Canned Fruit
- Pasta Sauce
- Canned Stew & Chili
- Canned Vegetables
- Fruit & Veggie Juice
November 23 & 24:Holiday Open House at Sprucewood Shores Estate Winery
It is the soup off weekend Sprucewood Shores Estate Winery looks forward to every year! Taste their selection of homemade soups, each heartfully made by our staff and their families for you to enjoy. Choose your favourite and enter for a chance to win a weekend getaway. Taste some wine, listen to live music, and delve in to the delicious soups to warm you up from the cold. Participation is a canned good or monetary donation, all for our local Food Bank.