This 2009 Moonlight White wine shows the wine-making team at Colio Estate Wines‘ ability to create blends that are varietally sound and versatile.
The colour is a pale straw and it produces an aroma with hints of gooseberry, mango and melon which lead into its taste of citrus and melon with a soft, clean finish.
The Moonlight White matches great with grilled lemon-pepper catfish, spicy barbecued chicken, sushi and Pad Thai.
- 400 g Thai Rice Noodle sticks
- 250 mL Thai Palace/Thai Silk Pad Thai Sauce
- 1 cup Bean Sprouts
- 1 Egg
- 2 tablespoon Vegetable Oil
- ¼ cup Chopped Green Onions
- 250 g Boneless Chicken cut into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Soak Thai rice noodle sticks in warm water 15 minutes before cooking.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the wok. Bring to a boil under medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and 1 teaspoon of salt. Cook for 5 minutes and remove chicken from wok.
- Heat the wok under high heat and pour oil in the wok.
- Crack the egg into the wok and fry until it starts to brown. Add Pad Thai sauce, drain noodles and add to the wok.
- Add bean sprouts and stir-fry until contents are well mixed (if preferred, add red hot pepper sauce).
- Pour onto the serving plate and garnish with lime, fresh bean sprouts, green onions, and ground peanuts.
- Serve and enjoy!