Windsor-Essex has officially been downgraded in the Province of Ontario’s new colour coded COVID system.
The region is going from Green to Yellow beginning on Monday, November 16, 2020. What does this mean for food and drink establishments? Let us break it down for you:
Windsor-Essex is officially being downgraded to Level Yellow in Ontario's new colour coded COVID system beginning November 16, 2020
— WindsorEats (@WindsorEats) November 13, 2020
- There is now a limit on hours of operations for food and drink businesses. Establishments must close at midnight the latest.
- There is now a restriction on the sale of alcohol within these businesses. Liquor can now only be sold or served between 9am and 11pm. No consumption of liquor is permitted between 12am and 9am.
- Each and every patron seated within the establishment needs to have their contact information recorded by the establishment.
- A maximum of 6 people may be seated together
- There will be limit on the volume of music (e.g., to be no louder than the volume of a normal conversation)
- Each business is required to have a safety plan available upon request
The downgrade comes as COVID case numbers have risen significantly, both locally and across the province.