A little known fact: everybody on earth loves pancakes. Everybody.
Sometimes for those on a diet or trying to cut back, it can be awfully tough to give up those favourite treats. Thankfully, our friend Toni Maceroni of Cotta Catering has helped us come up with healthy alternative pancake recipe that can keep you smiling every morning during breakfast.
Banana Protein Pancakes
- 2 Tsp Oat Flour
- 2 Scoops Banana flavored Protein Powder (canadianprotein.com)
- 1 Tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Fibre
- 4oz Greek Yogurt
- 1 Whole Egg
- 2 Egg whites
- 1/4 Cup Water
- ½ Tsp Vanilla Extract
- Coconut oil(canadianprotein.com)
- In a large bowl mix flour, protein powder, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl whisk eggs, water, yogurt and vanilla
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Coat skillet with coconut oil and heat. Using a ¼ measuring cup, measure out each pancake and pour onto preheated skillet.
- Cook approximately 1 minute on each side.
Yes, maple syrup is pretty much the nectar of the gods. However, if you’re trying to stick to your diet or just eat healthier it may not be the best idea to drown your banana pancakes in it. Here’s a healthier sauce you can easily whip up that will tasty just as yummy and still has a dollop of maple syrup in it.
- 2Tbs Natural Peanut Butter
- 3Tbs Water
- 1 Tbs Lowfat Maple Syrup or Maple Extract and honey
- Whisk for syrup like consistency