Sometimes we get busy. Really busy. That’s no excuse not to make yourself a great meal at home. After all, you deserve a good home-cooked meal. We brought Pat Lizzi of Mezzo Ristorante & Lounge into the CTV kitchen to teach us a quick dish we can all make for dinner in 20 minutes or less.
Pasta with Rapini
- 2 Rapini, trimmed
- 4 cups penne pasta (or other pasta) uncooked
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/4 cup of pine nuts
- 1/3 cup parmigiano cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large pot filled with boiling water, cook the pasta as directed on package. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a second large pot filled with salted, boiling water blanch the rapini for about 3 to 4 minutes
- Set aside 125ml (1/2 cup) of the rapini cooking water. Drain and immediately stop the rapini from cooking further by rinsing with cold water.
- In a Sauce pan heat the oil over medium heat and brown the garlic for 1 minute. Add the rapini and continue cooking for 1minute, stirring frequently.
- Add pasta and the cooking water to the rapini, warm the pasta with rapini and sprinkle with the Parmigiano cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Serves 4 people
Preparation 5 minutes
Cooking time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes