Sifting through our Twitter account last night, we found the above photo that our friend, Jen of Colchester Ridge Estate Winery, posted as she was about to indulge in a mug (or two) of Merlot Hot Chocolate. We just had to ask her for the recipe, so here it is for all of you to try!
Merlot Hot Chocolate
- 6 tsp. of unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 10 tsp. of brown sugar
- 2/3 cup of Colchester Ridge Estate Winery Merlot
- 2 cups of milk
- dash of cinnamon on top
- Bring wine to a simmer over low heat.
- In a bowl combine cocoa powder with sugar, 6 tbsp. of milk and stir well to combine.
- Add the rest of the milk, stir well and add into the wine.
- Bring to a boil while whisking occasionally.
- Pour into cups and add cinnamon on top