Don’t forget to come out to Artcite this Thursday for talk20! Adriano and I will be taking part in a panel discussion and our topic is “Eat Your City”. Sounds interesting eh? Well we’ve put together a series of photos for our discussion and we’re pretty excited about the whole thing.
Six presenters will speak about what they love about Windsor, what they hate, their perspective on the challenges currently faced by our community, how to fix it. Each presenter will show 20 slides and have 6 minutes to speak on an issue. There’s a whole range of topics and the presenters include:
- Mita Williams (Leddy Library, University of Windsor): “The City as Playground”
- Justin Langlois (MFA Candidate in Visual Arts, University of Windsor): “How to Fix the City: Social Practice in Windsor”
- Pina Ciotoli and Adriano Ciotoli (co-owners, WindsorEats.com): “Eat Your City”
- Andrew Foot (InternationalMetropolis.com): “Architectural Desecration”
- Tom Lucier (owner, Phog Lounge): “No More Bemoaning: Growing Windsor’s Creative Class”
- Rod Strickland (Professor, School of Visual Arts, University of Windsor): “Open Corridor”
So come out to Artcite, 109 Universitiy Avenue West this Thursday, February 19 at 7:30pm and engage in a discussion with us!