WindsorEats is hosting another of our popular Street Food Fares this weekend!
On Saturday, August 12, 2023, the Street Food Fare will include a wide variety of food vendors, special cocktail menus featuring local beverages, and a DJ to close out the evening!
So, what’s in store for this celebration? Here’s a look at our Ultimate Guide To 2023’s Street Food Fare, a complete breakdown of what to expect when you attend:
Where & When Does It Take Place?
The Street Food Fare takes place at WindsorEats, located at 400 Erie Street East from 12pm to 12am on Saturday, August 12, 2023.
Is It Really Free To Attend? Really?
Yes (technically)! To help support the UHC – Hub of Opportunities (formerly known as the Unemployed Help Centre of Windsor) and the great work they do helping those in need in our community, the event is a pay what you CAN entry. Bring either some canned goods or donate what you’re able to at the door to enter.
The event is also pet and family friendly.
What Will There Be To Eat?
What WON’T there be to eat?!?
There will be 8 main food vendors at the Street Food Fare serving up some delicious eats.
- The Cheese Bar: gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches, charcuterie, cheese samplers, date bites, and even dessert style grilled cheese
- Zule Eats: their popular beef, chicken, vegetarian and vegan pies, Jollof and grilled chicken, butter tarts.
- Stelly’s Cuisine: jerk chicken, jerk chicken poutine, festival, fried plantain, gizzada, peanut drops
- Chef Anthony Dalupan: his mom’s incredible Filippino spring rolls, garlic cheddar prawns, peppercorn beef tips, bere bere chicken
- Urban Bites: mini mac sliders, grilled chicken sliders, pulled pork sliders, poutine
- Dos Green Gos: slow smoked brisket tacos, chicken and corn slaw tacos, tortillas and corn slaw, chicken lollipops
- Vittorio’s on the Go: woodfire oven gourmet pizzas, nutella pizza, mac & cheese, strawberry cheesecake
- Rico Taco: birria tacos, fish tacos, and more
Will There Be Music?
View this post on Instagram
Duh! Not only will we be having amazing playlist throughout the day, but we’re bringing in a renowned DJ in the evening to kick the party up a notch.
From 8pm to 11:30pm, Richie Hawtin mentee, Justin James, will be filling the patio with the sounds of some great Detroit techno.
What Kind of Drinks Will Be Served?
View this post on Instagram
As always, we’ll have 4 different types of margaritas on the menu, available individually or all together as a cocktail flight, just in case you couldn’t decide.
You’ll also be able to try our exclusive mojito, the Whiskytown mojito, which tells the story of Windsor through its ingredients.
If you’re staying away from alcohol, then try out our Italian cream sodas, which we make to order with our housemade syrups.