Windsor-Essex has officially been downgraded to Level Red in the Province of Ontario’s new colour coded COVID system.
The region is going from Orange to Red beginning on Monday, November 30, 2020. What does this mean for food and drink establishments? Let us break it down for you:
New rules in Level Red:
- 10 person indoor seated capacity limit, regardless of room size.
- Outdoor dining, take out, drive through, and delivery permitted.
- Dancing, singing and the live performance of brass or wind instruments are prohibited
Items from Level Orange that carry over are:
- Limit operating hours, establishments close at 10 p.m.
- Liquor sold or served only between 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- No consumption of liquor between 10 p.m. and 9 a.m.
- Require screening of patrons (e.g., questionnaire)
- Limit of 4 people may be seated together
- Closure of strip clubs
- No buffet style service
- Night clubs only permitted to operate as restaurant or bar
- Line-ups/patrons congregating outside venues managed by venue; 2m distance and face covering required
- Face coverings except when eating or drinking only
- Eye protection where patrons without face coverings are within 2m of workers
- Limit volume of music (e.g., to be no louder than the volume of a normal conversation)
- Safety plan available upon request
The size limits for gatherings has also been reduced. For organized public events and gatherings, the limits are now 10 people for indoors and 25 people for outdoors.