Windsor-Essex has officially been downgraded to Level Orange in the Province of Ontario’s new colour coded COVID system.
The region is going from Yellow to Orange beginning on Monday, November 23, 2020. What does this mean for food and drink establishments? Let us break it down for you:
Windsor-Essex is officially being downgraded to Level Orange in Ontario's new colour coded COVID system beginning November 23, 2020
— WindsorEats (@WindsorEats) November 20, 2020
New rules in Level Orange:
- 50 person indoor seated capacity limit, regardless of room size.
- Limit operating hours, establishments close at 10 p.m.
- Liquor sold or served only between 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- No consumption of liquor between 10 p.m. and 9 a.m.
- Require screening of patrons (e.g., questionnaire)
- Limit of 4 people may be seated together
- Closure of strip clubs
Items from Level Yellow that carry over are:
- Dancing, singing and performing music is permitted, with restrictions
- Karaoke permitted, with restrictions (including no private rooms)
- No buffet style service
- Night clubs only permitted to operate as restaurant or bar
- Line-ups/patrons congregating outside venues managed by venue; 2m distance and face covering required
- Face coverings except when eating or drinking only
- Eye protection where patrons without face coverings are within 2m of workers
- Limit volume of music (e.g., to be no louder than the volume of a normal conversation)
- Safety plan available upon request
For organized public events and gatherings, the limits remain 50 people for indoors and 100 people for outdoors.