Our 30 Days of Local Wine campaign takes place throughout the entire month of December. Each day we’ll be featuring a different local wine from several of the Essex Pelee Island Coast wineries along with recipes for food, cocktails (yes, wine cocktails), desserts, party tips and more. Click here for the complete list of 30 wines.
Also, we want to see how you enjoy your local wine. We encourage you to use the #30DLW hashtag on Instagram to win prizes like a day for 2 on a tandem bicycle on our award winning Wine Trail Ride Cycling Tours. Click here for more details on the 30 Days of Local Wine Contest.
If you’re looking for something sultry and seductive for the holidays than the 2014 Baco Noir Reserve from Pelee Island Winery is the bottle of choice.
It’s considered a very unique and intriguing wine that’s full bodied and firm. It’s beautiful shade of deep purple draws you in, and its aromas of dark roasted coffee, licorice and chocolate keep you coming back for more. This wine is considered a varietal, as it’s primarily made from one kind of grape, being 85% Baco Noir and 15% Cabernet Sauvignon.
The Baco Noir reserve can be paired with hearty meat dishes, aged cheeses, seasoned steak and gourmet hamburgers.
There aren’t many people who know gourmet hamburgers better than Ryan Odette of Mamo Burger. The recipe we’re pairing with this Baco Noir is a throw back to one of Ryan’s recipes we featured back in July. Start with some great beef, add a little peanut butter and some sriracha and you’ve got the Peanut Butter Jelly Time burger.
This is one of the best peanut butter burgers I’ve ever had.
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
- 8oz Fresh Ground Beef
- Kosher Salt
- 2 slices of cooked bacon
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha Strawberry Jelly (recipe to follow)
- 1 Tablespoon Creamy Style Peanut Butter
- 4 Slices Dill Pickles
- 6 Slices Pickled Jalapenos
- Hamburger Bun
- Make 2-4oz burger patties with ground beef and season with kosher salt.
- Cook until no longer pink in a cast iron skillet.
- Toast hamburger bun and spread peanut butter on bottom bun.
- Place burger patties on bottom hamburger bun and top with pickles, jalapenos, bacon strips and sriracha jelly and top with other side of hamburger bun.
- ¼ cup strawberry jelly
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
Mix both ingredients together in a mixing bowl.