It’s December and that means it’s also Baking Month!
Every Tuesday in the lead-up to Christmas, we’ll be featuring a different baker on our CTV Windsor segment with Arms Bumanlag. They’ll be teaching you great recipes to throw into the oven to wow friends and family.
First up, we have Michele Bowman of The Little White Kitchen Baking Co. who whipped up the most magical treat: Peanut Butter & Pretzel Truffles. Sweet and salty sure do make great pals.
Peanut Butter & Pretzel Truffles
- 340 grams chopped chocolate (best quality you can afford)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 ¾ cups peanut butter
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 cups pretzels, coarsely chopped
- generous pinch of salt (if using natural, unsalted peanut butter)
- With a mixer, cream peanut butter and butter together in a large bowl until smooth. Add confectioners’ sugar and beat on low until smooth. Stir in the crushed pretzels, and then a good pinch of salt (if using unsalted peanut butter)
- Drop the peanut butter mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls (the mixture will be very soft) onto parchment-lined baking sheets and freeze 30 minutes. Shape into nice balls between the palms of your hands.
- Combine chocolate and coconut oil in a microwave-safe glass bowl or measuring cup. Microwave 1 minute at a time, until half the chocolate is melted , remove from microwave and stir until completely melted.
- Using a spoon and a fork , dip the peanut butter balls in chocolate .
- If at any point the balls get too soft to work with just pop them back in the freezer for 10 minutes to firm up. Transfer to baking sheets lined with fresh parchment and refrigerate until chocolate is set. Store refrigerated .