Chef Josh Deneau joined our very own Pina Ciotoli and CTV Windsor’s Arms Bumanlag in the CTV kitchen this week to showcase Mauro’s on Erie. The popular restaurant in Windsor’s Via Italia is participating in Eat Your City Restaurant Week, taking place August 11-17, 2014.
To celebrate, Chef Josh showed us all how to make Crab Cakes!
- 4 cans of crab meat (strained)
- 1⁄2 cup shallots, minced
- 1⁄4 cup garlic minced
- 1⁄2 cup peppers minced
- 1-2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp chopped herbs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl thoroughly
- Form into 2.5oz patties (weigh by scale every time!)
Sear in hot oil in a non stick pan on high heat for 3-4 minutes per side
Blue cheese Aioli
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4oz blue cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 5 cups canola oil
- 1.5tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Add eggs, garlic, blue cheese, Dijon to food processor and blend for 30 seconds.
- Continue blending adding canola oil slowly
- Finish with lemon juice salt and pepper to taste