Another hot day, another cold drink to cool us off.
Dane Charles of Salute Espresso Bar came with us into the CTV Windsor kitchen with Arms Bumanlag to show us how to turn a great cup of joe into a cool, refreshing drink.
Cold Brew Iced Latte
- 1.5oz Salute Cold Brew Concentrate
- 3.5oz Almond Nut Milk
- (2) 1”x1” Ice Cubes
- Fill cocktail shaker with both ice cubes
- Measure 1.5oz Salute Cold Brew Concentrate and 3.5oz Almond Nut Milk (recipe below) and pour into cocktail shaker
- Shake ingredients for approximately 20 seconds, allowing the ice to break and dilute the coffee concentrate
- Strain into a champagne coupe, or rocks glass and garnish with a sprinkle of cinnamon
Almond Nut Milk
- 150g Blanched Almonds
- 50g Blanched Hazelnuts or Macadamia Nuts
- 1L cold water
- Place 150g of Almonds, 50g of Hazelnuts or Macadamia Nuts, and 1L of water in a high-speed blender.
- Blend on high twice for 30 seconds each cycle.
- Pour mixture carefully through a double lined cheesecloth and strain as much as possible.
- Nut Milk will stay good in fridge for a few days.