Ooooh wee, the weather is gorgeous outside! Perfect for a backyard get together with friends and because of this we brought Stir Crazy Grille to join us on CTV Windsor with their portable grill.
Along with the restaurant, Stir Crazy has a portable grill that they can bring on the road to cater parties and events, like just a backyard get-together.
To showcase the grill to us, owners Lou and Jodi Mavrantzas fired it up and made this tasty Sweet and Sour Chicken Stir fry for us:
Sweet and Sour Chicken Stirfry
- 2 cups of your favourite fresh veggies, washed and chopped up into bite size pieces. Recommended veggies include:
- Sweet Peppers
- ½ cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 8 oz of lean chicken thigh meat
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of canola oil
Sweet and Sour Sauce
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
Place the sugar, vinegar, water, soy sauce, ketchup and cornstarch in a medium saucepan, and bring to
a boil. Stir continuously until the mixture has thickened.
- Make sweet and sour sauce first and set aside.
- Put oil into pan or wok. Add chicken and allow to brown on all sides. Add all veggies and garlic.
- Cook stirring every few minutes allowing the veggie to soften and flavours to blend. Add sauce and seasonings.
- Stir 2 more minutes and it is ready to eat.
- Best served over steamed white rice.