For all those adults out there who refuse to give up children’s breakfast cereal, this one’s for you!
In my procrastination, searching the web to avoid work led me to YouTube where I started to reminisce about all the great Saturday morning cartoons when I was a kid. This quickly got me thinking about the Saturday morning commercials:
Poor Sonny the Cuckoo bird. Always going crazy for Cocoa Puffs. Now, as an adult, I wouldn’t readily admit to still sneaking some children’s cereal as a treat (I do), however, this recipe gives it a twist for adults and makes it at least slightly more respectable.
Sonny’s White Russian
Yield: 1 bowl of delicious childhood memories with an adult twist.
Prep Time: 2 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute
Total Time: 3 minutes
- 1½ ounces vodka
- ¾ ounce Kahlúa
- ¾ ounce whole milk
- Cocoa Puffs, to taste
- Place a cereal bowl on the table. As a treat at parties, you could also use a highball glass in place of a bowl.
- Add the vodka and Kahlúa to the bowl.
- Fill bowl with Cocoa Puffs.
- Top the bowl/highball glass off with milk
- Mix/stir to properly balance the flavours
- Sit on the couch, watch Saturday morning cartoons and enjoy!
Simply put, the above recipe is a White Russian cocktail with Cocoa Puffs. The Dude would abide. If you’re anything like me, you’ll absolutely love it once the milk turns chocolatey from the cereal.
Hope you enjoy it and have a great April Fools Day, everyone!