Pelee Island Winery is now accepting resumes for the 2014 summer season on Pelee Island.
Applicants must be willing to work and live on Pelee Island. Below is the detailed information:
Job Title: PAVILION TOUR GUIDE
Location: Pelee Island, Ontario
Available to work full time – either:
Beginning of May to Labour Day OR
Beginning of May to end of October
Tour Guides are responsible for leading tour groups in an informative and interesting manner throughout their visit to the Pelee Island Wine Pavilion, executing retail associate functions and performing daily maintenance duties.
- Ability to speak professionally in public to large groups.
- Knowledge of wine an asset.
- Provide advice about merchandise using suggestive selling to customers.
- Good customer service skills.
- Punctual, reliable and energetic.
- Ability to operate a computerized cash register and process money, cheque and credit/debit card payments an asset.
- Ability to work as a team and independently.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Retail experience, and Class “F” Driver’s License are assets but not required. Smart Serve is required.
- Ability to lift 35lbs / 16kg (minimum 1 case of wine).
- Must be able to work weekends as part of a 40 hour week.
Terms of Employment:
- Available to work either: beginning of May to Labour Day OR beginning of May to end of October
- Seasonal Temporary Full-Time (minimum 40 hrs per week)
- Training will be provided.
- Accommodations are provided on Pelee Island at no charge (refundable deposit only)
- Wage $11.00 per hour plus bonus (conditional to working through contract end date).
- Résumés will be accepted until March 31st, 2013.
- We thank all those who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Please forward cover letter, résumé and availability by mail, fax or by email to email@example.com Please include your Smart Serve certificate #, class of driver’s licence and availability dates.
Pelee Island Winery
455 Seacliff Drive
Kingsville, Ontario, Canada N9Y 2K5