Sugar cookies. Be still, my beating heart.
Saskia Scott of Sweet Revenge Bake Shop was our guest with Arms Bumanlag on CTV Windsor tonight and helped us get into the Valentine’s Day spirit.
Best Ever Sugar Cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- Whisk together the flour and salt in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Using your mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and vanilla essence and mix until well blended
- With the mixer on low, gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture until the two are thoroughly blended
- Turn the dough out onto the work surface and divide it into two or three equal portions. Form each one into a rough disk. Now you are ready to roll, chill, and cut out the cookie shapes.
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Place cut cookie shapes on parchment lined cookie sheets, bake for 12-16 minutes or until the cookies start to turn slightly golden around the edges (smaller or thinner cookies will be done more quickly)
- Cool the cookies completely on a rack before icing or decorating