Mamo Burger Bar was our guest tonight on CTV Windsor with Arms Bumanlag. They let us in on a little secret with their recipe for their Italian Job burger.
- 8 oz Fresh Ground Beef
- Kosher Salt
- 2 Slices Mozzarella Cheese
- 2 Slices Tomatoes
- 1 Slice Prosciutto
- 3 Slices Salami
- Pickled Red Onions (Recipe to follow)
- Basil Mayo (Recipe to follow)
- Hamburger Buns
Pickled Red Onions:
- 1 red onion sliced thin
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
Place red onions in a heatproof bowl, bring sugar and red wine vinegar to a boil in a medium saucepan and pour over red onions and cool to room temperature. Cover and marinate onions for at least 12 hours.
- ½ cup mayo
- ¼ cup roasted garlic
- 1 bunch basil
Puree all above ingredients in a food processor or blender until fully mixed.
- Make 2-4oz burger patties with ground beef and season with kosher salt.
- Cook until no longer pink in a cast iron skillet and melt 1 slice of cheese on each patty.
- Place patties on toasted hamburger bun then layer with salami, prosciutto, pickled red onions, tomatoes and basil mayo.