New Year’s Eve is almost upon us and if you’re anything like me, you probably don’t have plans yet to ring in 2012. Luckily, here is a list of what some WindsorEats members are doing for NYE to help you decide:
The City Grill
The City Grill is offering walk-ins and reservations from 5:00pm to 7:00pm, but if you’re looking for something a little more special, Purchase a ticket to their 6-course dinner from 7:30pm to 10:00pm. For $150 you not only get the meal, but also wine, beer, premium liquor and bubbly. The party will then continue with live entertainment and a few elegant surprises. Reservations are required. Some conditions may apply.
The Ottawa Street restaurant is offering a 4-course meal for only $25 per person. Call to book your reservation at 519-254-9777. There menu will consist of:
- Butter Nut Squash Bisque
- Caesar Salad
- Choice of the following:
- Roast Prime Rib of Beef Au Jus
- Stuffed chicken breast Florentine
- Atlantic Salmon with fresh tomato and Artichoke sauce
- Penne Pasta with Goat Cheese, Wild Mushroom & spinach in a cream Sauce
The Dominion House
The Dominion House is keeping it simple this year. No cover charge. No party hats. No noisemakers. No champagne. No reservations needed. Just good times, good friends and great drinks with $13.50 pitchers and free munchies.
Trivia starts at 7:00pm and there will be tons of big prizes.
Join Jack’s at one of their two dinner seatings for an evening of great food, wine and beer. Jack is ringing in the New Year with a Beer & Wine Tasting Dinner. Each course will be paired with either a beer or wine accompaniment, your choice.
Your meal includes:
- Appetizer: Turkey Dinner Skewer ~ Turkey meatball skewered with a potato and stuffing croquette in a pool of turkey jus and cranberry chutney
- Choice of Soup or Salad: our Cheddar Potato & Ale Chowder or Vineyard Salad
- Choice of Entree: Surf & Turf Beef Tenderloin Strata, Chicken & Chorizo Fettuccine, or Sesame-Ponzu Encrusted Tuna
- Last but not least a fantastic Dessert Trio to finish your meal off.
New Year’s Eve will book up quickly so call today 519-733-6900 to enquire about availability. Cost is $50 per person. First seating is 5:00pm to 6:30pm and the second seating is 7:15pm to 9:00pm.
The Main Grill & Ale House
The Kingsvilel restaurant will be offering a fantastic 3-course meal with lots of options to choose from for $50 per person. The menu is:
- Starters (Choice of):
- Blackened Beef Tips with Creole Momay Sauce
- Chilled Shrimp Martini with vodka spiked cocktail sauce and blue cheese stuffed olives
- Pan Seared Crab Cakes with Sweet Chili Aioli
- Herb Encrusted Brie with Smoked Tomato Coulis and Garlic Crustini
- Sesame Chicken Pate with Wonton Crisps
- Choice of Cheddar Ale Soup or Green House Salad or Caesar Salad
- The Mains (Choice of):
- Baked Chicken Supreme: Chicken Supreme with herb & roasted red pepper goat cheese in a pool of red pepper coulis and garlic mashed potato.
- Surf & Turf: Grilled Beef tenderloin and pan seared garlic shrimp with red wine peppercorn sauce, roasted red skin potato and mushroom ragout.
- Prime Rib: Slow Roasted prime rib of beef, roasted garlic mashed potato and au jus
- Seafood Pasta: Shrimp, scallops and crab in a tarragon cream sauce over lobster stuffed ravioli.
- Lake Erie Duet: Pan seared pickerel and herb dusted flash fried perch, rice pilaf and beer mustard aioli
- Complimentary sweet plate and sparkling wine to toast the new year.
The Manchester is hosting ‘The Last New Year’s Eve Bash (If The Mayans Are Right)’. Doors open at 9:00pm and entry is $5. DJ Jamie Greer will be spinning everything from 60’s rock to current top 40. First come first serve entry.
Mazaar Lebanese Cuisine
Enjoy Mazaar’s New Year’s Eve 5-course dinner menu for only $33 per person. The evening will also consist of live belly dancing shows and music. Here is a look at the meal:
- Course One
- Hummus Dip: Chickpeas puréed with tahini, and lemon juice, topped with olive oil; served with our fresh pita bread
- Course Two (Your choice of one item)
- Shrimp Stuffed Mushroom: Essex county mushroom stuffed with shrimp, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese
- Mixed Sambussix: Cheese and beef sambussik (2 shells of each)
- Stuffed Grape Leaves: Grape leaf rolls stuffed with rice, tomato, onion and parsley
- Crab Cakes: Freshly prepared crab cakes, served with sweet caramelized onion sauce
- Course Three (Your choice of one item)
- Fattoush Salad: Fresh mix of greens, tomato, cucumber and deep fried pita chips tossed in our signature fattoush dressing
- Spring Mix Salad: Fresh vegetables and spring mix greens, tossed in our balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- Course Four (Your choice of one item. All entrées except Lamb Manssaf are served with potato gratin and veggies)
- Shish Tawook: Charbroiled marinated chicken breast; served with garlic dip
- Mushrooms Steak: AAA striploin steak topped with mushroom demi–glace sauce
- Lamb Mansaaf: Tender roasted lamb on a bed of meat rice; topped with almond slivers
- Citrus Salmon: Pecan crusted Atlantic salmon fillet, prepared with citrus sauce
- Kabob & Shrimp: Charbroiled beef tenderloin & black tiger shrimp
- Course Five
- Dessert choices will be described by your serve
Located inside the historic old train station in Kingsville, the Mettawas still has a few seats available for their 4-course meal. Cost is $55 per person. Here is a look at their special menu for the evening:
- Salad (Your choice of one item)
- Tomato and Bocconcini Stuffed Mushroom with Mixed Greens
- Roasted Carrot and Beet Salad with Goat Cheese
- Pasta (Your choice of one item)
- Smoked Mozzarella and Mediterranean Vegetable Raviolis with Tomato Basil Sauce
- Paparadelle with Chestnut and Porcini Mushroom Sauce
- Main (Your choice of one item)
- Broiled Lemon and Thyme Black Cod
- Osso Bucco Tower with Cranberry Cabernet Demi-glaze
- Chicken Wellington with Mushrooms and Spinach
- Dessert (Your choice of one item)
- Chocolate Mint Sugar Cookie Cake
- Lemon Posset
The evening at Mick’s will begin with ‘Welcoming Appetizers’. Then the menu will be as follows:
- Choice of Caesar Salad or Tomato Basil Soup
- Entrée Choices
- Grilled Atlantic Salmon: topped with crisp tempura batteredartichokes hearts and a white wine sauce.
- Mediterranean New York Strip: topped with an infused bruschettatopping of diced tomato, feta, onions and olive oil.
- Chicken Florentine sautéed garlic, roasted red peppers and aspinach cream sauce over a tender chicken breast.
- Above orders served with your choice of roasted red skin potatoes,creamy garlic mashed potatoes or a mushroom parmesan rice Chicken Satay Linguine teriyaki sauce sautéed with chicken, onions,sundried tomatoes, mushrooms & peanuts with linguine noodles.
- Vegetarian Stir-Fry: grilled red bell peppers, broccoli, mushrooms,carrots and onions with rice and a teriyaki sauce
- Cheesecake or Turtle Sundae
Cost is $25 per person. Dinner music will begin at 7:00 pm with Kelly Authier and then The Chronicles start to play at 9:30pm. Reservations can be made by calling 519-252-3111. There is no Irish Music for this event.
Dress your best and gather your friends for a night to remember at Neros gourmet steakhouse. Celebrate the end of 2011 and prepare to usher in a prosperous New Year with a delectable 4-course dinner in an upscale atmosphere featuring modern décor and beautiful views of the riverfront. For only $99 per person, enjoy your choice of appetizer, soup or salad, mouthwatering entrées and a dessert tasting. Also enjoy the convenience of complimentary, covered valet service at the Riverside entrance, exclusively for Neros guests
- Appetizer (Choice of)
- Farm Raised BBQ Quail with Cinnamon Bark: Kumquat Gelee, Pance a Chips, Cauliflower Frappe
- Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail: Poached Shrimp, Horseradish Tomato Puree, Lemon Confit
- Soup or Salad (Choice of)
- Neros Classic Caesar Salad: Crisp Romaine, Candied Maple Pepper Bacon, Lemon Garlic Dressing, Focaccia Croutons, Parmesan
- Belgian & Red Endive, Micro Greens Salad with Seckel Pears: Marbled Cheese, Chorizo Crackling, Vanilla Pear Vinaigrett
- Celeriac & Aged Smoked Gouda Soup: Shaved Winter Truffles, Parsnip Frosted Flakes
- Entree (Choice of)
- Pan Seared Sea Bass: Smoked Tomato Relish, Carbonara Risott o, Sautéed Rapini
- Roast Lamb Sirloin: Sweet & Sour Red Cabbage, Potato Croquette, Onion Jus
- 8oz. Certified Angus Beef Tenderloin: Golden Potato Mashed with White Truffl e & Cheddar, French Beans, Baby Carrots, Sauce Bordelaise
- Atlantic Lobster Tail Duo: Two Broiled 6oz Lobster Tails, Tender Asparagus, Red Bliss Potatoes, Drawn Butter
- Winter Squash Ravioli with Creamy Goat Cheese & Spinach: Purslane, Brown Butter Cream Sauce
- Dessert Tasting: Passion Fruit Pudding with Toasted Coconut, Peanut Butter Chocolate Bar, Malted Milk Shake with Campfire Marshmallows, Banana Ice Cream with Almond Brittle, Coffee, Biscotti and Handmade Truffles
Cost for this luxurious evening is $99 per person plus tax per person.
Tecumseh restaurant, The RyeGate Steakhouse & Lounge if offering a special A La Carte menu for the evening:
- Oyaters Rockafellar: fresh oysters, baked with creamed leeks, sun-dried tomatoes, baby spinach and parmesan cheese (14)
- Mushroom Wellington: forest mushrooms, goat’s cheese, prosciutto and roasted garlic, wrapped in a puff pastry shell and served with a fire-roasted red pepper coulis (13)
- Organic Field Green Salad: baby organic greens, tossed with cucumbers, grape tomatoes and sweet red onions in champagne and honey blossom vinaigrette. Topped with fresh Parmegiano-reggiano shavings (8)
- Curried Roasted Red Pepper Soup: finished with a drizzle of cilantro oil and a dollop of fresh farmer’s yogourt (6)
- Entrees (add a 6oz east coast lobster tail to any dish for $18)
- Beef Tenderloin: 8oz tenderloin wrapped in bacon and set on a cloud of white truffle and tarragon mashed potatoes. Drizzled with a Cabernet demi-glace reduction and served with a steamed broccoli spear (32)
- Atlantic Salmon: Rubbed with a homemade almond and fresh dill pesto and roasted under a cap of fresh citrus slices. Topped with organic baby pea tendrils and served over steamed basmati rice pilaf with a steamed broccoli spear (26)
- Supreme of Chicken: Stuffed with prosciutto, cantaloupe and fresh basil. Smothered in a champagne-scented mornay sauce and set atop a cloud of roasted garlic and scallion mashed potatoes. Served with a steamed broccoli spear (24)
- Fettuccine alla Primavera: homemade fettuccine tossed in a pesto-lifted blush sauce with avocadoes, diced grape tomatoes; butter poached mushrooms, Spanish onion, broccoli spears and roasted garlic. Topped with fresh baby mozzarella cheese and drizzled with extra-virgin olive oil (19)
- Raspberry Almond Pistachio: white chocolate almond mousse and raspberry preserve surrounded by pistachio roulade and finished with raspberry glaze (7)
- Chocolate Truffle Cheesecake: topped with fresh strawberries in a vanilla sugar syrup and fresh whipped cream
If you’re making reservations please remember to tell any of these restaurants that WindsorEats sent you. Have a great and safe New Year’s Eve, everyone!