On Friday, October 23, 2009, we encourage everyone to make it out to this community organization luncheon and discussion which will be catered by Taloola Cafe and others. All dishes will be made using local, season and/or organic ingredients.
Six local women will join Nettie Wiebe to speak about food and how it embodies our most basic connection to each other and the earth. We will learn that how we shop, cook, eat and drink can help save ourselves as well as the planet.
- Nettie Wiebe, Distinguished Visitor in Women’s Studies
- Linda Zaglioni, owner, Taloola Cafe
- Elayne Isaacs, Friend of Women’s Studies
- Maya Ruggles, Environmental Activist and Student
- Janine Bratt, owner, Taste Bud Food
- Dr. Natasha Zajmalowski, Naturopathic Doctor, Be Well
- Shu-Hua Hsu, owner, Enchie Mart
The session takes place at All Saints’ Church, Parish Hall at 330 City Hall Square W. from 12:00pm to 2:00pm. Please RSVP by phone at 519.253.3000 ext. 3727 or email at email@example.com