Apparently there’s a football game on this Sunday. And, if you’re like me, and don’t really want to hang out in front of the TV all day, Nancy Johns Gallery, 4755 Wyandotte Street East, is offering up a pretty cool afternoon.
This Sunday, February 1 from 7pm to 10pm, Nancy Johns is hosting Sushi Sunday!
Space is very limited and there must be 10 people paid in advance in order for the sushi party to happen. If you are seriously planning on coming for this Sunday you MUST let Nancy know asap by calling 519.945.2222.
The price is $60.00 per person and includes:
- An explanation about sushi and many its many variations
- A lesson on how to make 4 rolls (3 large, and 1 small) and all the ingredients for a California roll (crab, avocado, cucumber, omelet, caviar), a Vegetarian roll (lettuce, cucumber, avocado, carrot, red cabbage), a Philadelphia roll (smoked salmon, creamed cheese, avocado) and Cucumber roll (this smaller roll can also have a substitute for other veggies you like the best)
- Everyone gets one free glass of wine or Saki, one rolling mat, one set of chopsticks, and extra seaweed to take home along with the four rolls made during the lesson
There are 30 spots available for both Sundays, and two instructors. Please call, or stop by to sign up as soon as possible. Payment must be made in advance to secure your spot.
4 reasons why you should learn the art of sushi:
- It’s an easy, affordable, and great-tasting way to eat healthy at home
- It’s a great way to impress your date this Valentine’s Day and any other day!
- You can experience a different culture right in your own backyard
- You get to learn about a handmade art form that is totally edible and fun!
So if you’re not into watching the game this Sunday, hurry and call Nancy to reserve your spot at Sushi Sunday. Sounds like it’s going to be a great time!