Wine Trail Ride tickets are finally on sale! WindsorEats along with Maximum Edge are hosting winery bike trips through the county!
Essex County has some of the best wine in the world and there is no better way to enjoy the surrounding region then by pedalling your way through it. You’ll be able to sip the local vino and learn about the winery.
Saturday, July 26, 2008
We’ll be meeting at Colchester Ridge Estates at 12 noon to start the cycle to Erie Shores followed by Sprucewood. From Sprucewood it’s back to Colchester Ridge Estates for our BBQ. The entire trek is approximately 20km.
Saturday, August 16, 2008
This approximately 25km ride starts off at Aleksander Estates at 12 noon. We’ll head over to Mastronardi for a tour of their vineyards then make our way to Pelee Island Winery on the mainland. From Pelee Island it’s back to Aleksander for our BBQ.
Saturday, September 20, 2008
This route is to be determined but will include Muscedere Vineyards, D’Angelo and an additional winery to be confirmed. We’ll keep you posted as to when tickets will be available for this ride.
Each ride at begins at 12 noon and ends at approximately 4pm with a BBQ. It is a great opportunity totake inÂ our beautiful region, fantastic wineries and engage in an active lifestyle.
Maximum Edge will have their cycle experts on hand to guide us and answer questions. This is really going to be a great time and we encourage everyone to come on out and join us!
Tickets are $20 each and covers all tastings and BBQ and can be purchased online at WindsorEats or at Maximum Edge located at 3393 County Road 42 in Windsor.
A few things to keep in mind for each ride:
- Bring a bike! Very important component of a bike ride. All participants must bring their own bike to the meeting point at the designated time.
- Helmet. Safety is always at the forefront of anything we do. Wearing a helmet is law, so please ensure that you bring yours with you.
- Stay hydrated. Yes, we are going on a wine tour but for the rides in between stops you will need to stay hydrated. Bring a bottle of water to keep on hand while you ride.
- Dress appropriately. It’s summer. It gets hot sometimes. Take a quick peek at the weather before heading out to ensure you’re wearing something suitable for the type of weather expected.
- Have fun! We are pretty excited about these rides and are getting a great response from everyone. We encourage everyone to come out, join us and have a great time!
WindsorEats will keep all participants informed of any changes and provide detailed itineraries as the dates approach so don’t forget to provide us with your email when you purchase tickets.