The Masters of the Brewniverse is a competition among breweries that gives event attendees the chance to vote for their favourite exclusive one-off brew at the event.
The one-day event is an 80’s themed celebration and friendly competition of one-off beers that are exclusive to the event, giving breweries the opportunity to showcase their creativity and win bragging rights. There will be two awards handed out: People’s Choice and the Master of the Brewniverse which will be decided by a panel of judges.
The event takes place April 18, 2020, with tickets available online in the WindsorEats shop. Each ticket provides 80oz of sampling from the exclusive one-off beers. Additional beers may be purchased.
Here is the list of participating breweries who have confirmed along with their one-off creations that will be featured. More breweries and beers will be added as we get closer to the event.
ANDERSON CRAFT ALES
- Mixed Berry Hefeweizen: German wheat beer with a healthy addition of mixed berries.
- Lime & Sea Salt Lager: A Mexican style lager with a hint of lime zest and sea salt.
- Mexican Porter: A robust porter flavoured by cinnamon, vanilla, coconut, and ancho peppers.
- Sour Patch Kids Sour: A fruited kettle sour brewed with actual sour patch kids.
BANDED GOOSE BREWING
- ‘Sweet Heat’ Nitro Chili Porter: Caramel & Vanilla balanced with spicy pepper heat
- ‘The Last Luau’ Imperial Pineapple IPA: Pineapple & citrus double IPA
- Citra Fruit Sour: American Wild Ale
- Cereal Stout: Milk stout
CHAPTER TWO BREWING COMPANY
- Skeletor’s Guilty Pleasure: a Skeletor-inspired weizen
- By the Power of Grayskull: Imperial Double IPA
CRAFT HEADS BREWING COMPANY
- Margarita Cocktail Series: Key lime tequila gose
- Pura Vida Explorer Series: Costa Rica inspired sour
- Blueberry Lemonade Sour: This tart kettle sour carries aromas of blueberry and lemon zest, balanced by moderate malty sweetness and tangy fruit flavours.
Smokeshow: Upon first sip, this smoked pale ale holds wisps of campfire aromas followed by sweet and smokey hickory flavours. Slightly bitter from dry hopping and with a crisp finish, sipping on this beer is like a step into the woods.
- Punchsicle: Brewed with fruit flavours and lactose; this Hawaiian punch ale brew is a dreamsicle of passionfruit, guava, pineapple, and vanilla bean.
GL HERITAGE BREWING CO.
- Banana Caramel Wheat
- German Lager Radler
THE GROVE BREW HOUSE
- Shake one in the Hay Strawberry Milkshake: Step up and order it the old way “shake one in the hay!” This fruity milkshake IPA is bringing you back to the old malt shoppe. Lotus hops offer a subtle berry and vanilla flavour along with a sweet and alluring aroma. Finished with the perfect infusion of local strawberries and Madagascar vanilla beans, its creamy flavour will have you shaking in all the right ways.
- Castle Hopskull Sasquatch India Pale Ale: This ultra hopped India Pale Ale is brewed using Sasquatch hops that are grown right in the heart of Essex County and is Canada’s only trademark hop. This ale is bitter enough to keep even the hairiest beasts at bay, open the jawbridge and taste the stone fruit and citrus hop flavours.
- Blue Raspberry Cosmic Comet Kettle Sour: “I have the power!” This tart and tangy kettle sour blasts your taste buds with the flavour of everyone’s favourite childhood treat – Blue Raspberry Jolly Ranchers. Bright blue colour with an enticing and refreshing candy aroma, it’s sure to have everyone around you putting their hand out and asking for one.
- Thank your Beer-ista Chi latte White Stout: When you don’t know if it’s too late for a latte or too early for a beer, just do both. Our white stout is spiced with the rich aromatics of Chai tea, combined with a hint of milk sugar that gives a sweet finish to this decadent light-flavoured stout. Perfect for any time of the day, this drink is just the right amount ‘extra’.
- “Strawberry Shortcake” Milkshake DIPA: Rich strawberry short cake aroma with a fruity hop nose. Sweet cream, butter, berry and light cake taste. Cloudy appearance and a creamy mouthfeel.
- Name TBD: Cherrywood smoked tomato and watermelon gose. Light sweetness off the top gives way to smoke, tomato and salt finish. Rich mouthfeel and an easy oaky finish.
LOT 10 BREWERY
- Blueberry Milkshake IPA: Features loads of blueberry, oats, lactose and vanilla. Massively dryhopped with Mosaic and Citra. A beautifully hazy, juicey, blueberry milk shake IPA
- Espresso Biscotti Breakfast Stout: Rich dark espresso flavour accompanied by almonds, chocolate and vanilla. When you want a beer but you havent had your morning coffee and breakfast!
MOTOR CRAFT ALES
- DIY: This Milkshake Style is a creamy, full bodied tropical IPA. Endless fruit flavours and combinations. Truly a custom built ale experience.
- WTF?: Our in house barrel aged Motor kombucha co-fermented with a German wheat ale, fruited and spiced. Tart, fruity, healthy.
- GTFO!: A Black NEIPA that provides roast, bready, and chocolate notes with tropical fruit and pine hop character. Dank and Juicy, finishing with a pungent citrus punch.
SANDWICH BREWING CO.
Key Lime Sour
Rum Barrel Porter: With Madagascar vanilla
SONS OF KENT
- Barrel Aged Tequila Sour
- Super Funky Fruit Boi
BANDED GOOSE BREWING & TOP DOG BREWING COMPANY
- Doughnut Joe Breakfast Cream Ale: Slightly sweet cinnamon-sugar notes with a cake and biscuity malt backbone. Creamy, soft mouth feel with a slight roasted coffee nose… reminiscent of fresh cinnamon-sugar doughnuts and morning coffee.