Our Drinks of Walkerville walking tour is getting a revamp and we think you’re going to love it!!
Even with the tour being named an Ontario Signature Experience, we wanted to make it even better and think we may have just done that. For the first time in over 16 years, tours of the Hiram Walker & Sons distillery in Windsor, Ontario will be offered to the public exclusively through WindsorEats and our Drinks of Walkerville walking tour!
After months of discussions, a partnership between Corby Spirit & Wine Limited and WindsorEats was formed that will see the Drinks of Walkerville walking tour begin visiting the distillery on April 1, 2017. This will be the first time in over 16 years that the general public will have access to the distillery, which is the largest in North America. Woot woot!
“Being able to visit the distillery will not only provide a new and unique experience on our existing tour, but also allows the chance to showcase the great culinary tourism offerings in Windsor,” says Adriano Ciotoli, co-owner of WindsorEats. “It gives an opportunity to passionate whisky lovers and those who are just curious at heart to get a hands-on look at how world class Canadian whisky is made.”
Highlights of the Drinks of Walkerville tour include:
- An exclusive tour of the largest distillery in North America – Hiram Walker & Sons – home to J.P. Wiser’s Canadian Whisky.
- A guided tasting of 4 Canadian whiskies inside the J.P. Wiser’s Brand Centre: Wiser’s Deluxe, Lot 40, Gooderham & Worts, and Pike Creek.
- A special fifth tasting directly from a whisky barrel.
- An engraved, commemorative Drinks of Walkerville bottle (750ml) of J.P. Wiser’s Deluxe Whisky
- A stop to take photos in front of the “Whisky Palace”, the original Canadian Club headquarters.
- A stroll through Hiram Walker’s historic company town, Walkerville, to learn about the history, the architecture and the folklore associated with Whiskytown, Canada.
- Sip on a flight of 4 craft beers at Walkerville Brewery before grabbing a 12oz beer of your choice to tour the facility with.
- Learn about the street art that adorns The Willistead Restaurant before stepping in, pulling up to the bar and sampling a variety of craft cocktails created by their mixologist.
To provide a more intimate and memorable experience for each guest, each tour is limited to 16 people.
We’re so excited to be able to provide this opportunity to the public and continue leading the way in showcasing the region as a culinary tourism destination.