Windsor-Essex wineries took home 17 medals from the 2016 All Canadian Wine Championships.
Over 1300 wines were entered in this years edition from across 7 provinces. Black Bear Farms & Estate Winery lead the way with 4 medals and Cooper’s Hawk Vineyard won double gold for their Cabernet Sauvignon.
Here is a closer look at some of the medals won:
- Black Bear Farms & Estate Winery: Bronze for Peach, Blueberry & Black Currant
- Black Bear Farms & Estate Winery: Gold for Apple
- Black Bear Farms & Estate Winery: Silver for Pear & Black Currant
- Black Bear Farms & Estate Winery: Silver for 2013 Golden Plum
- Colio Estate Wines: Bronze for 2013 Prism Icewine
- Colio Estate Wines: Silver for 2012 Bricklayer’s Cache Small Lot Syrah
- Cooper’s Hawk Vineyards: Double Gold for 2012 Cabernet Sauvignon
- Cooper’s Hawk Vineyards: Gold for 2013 Cabernet Franc Reserve
- Oxley Estate Winery: Bronze for 2015 Wowza White
- Oxley Estate Winery: Silver for 2015 Pinot Rose
- Oxley Estate Winery: Silver for 2015 Riesling
- Sprucewood Shores Estate Winery: Silver for 2015 Riesling
Join us to try some of these award winning wines as we’ll be visiting 3 of the medallists on our July 16, 2016 Wine Trail Ride.
We’ll be cycling to Cooper’s Hawk Vineyard, Colio Estate Wines and Oxley Estate Winery before enjoying a locally sourced long table feast in the vineyard prepared by chef Michael Boucher of The Vines at Cooper’s Hawk Vineyard.
For more information on the Wine Trail Ride and the menu for the meal, visit www.winetrailride.ca