Our 30 Days of Local Wine campaign takes place throughout the entire month of December. Each day we’ll be featuring a different local wine from several of the Essex Pelee Island Coast wineries along with recipes for food, cocktails (yes, wine cocktails), desserts, party tips and more. Click here for the complete list of 30 wines.
Also, we want to see how you enjoy your local wine. We encourage you to use the #30DLW hashtag on Instagram to win prizes like a day for 2 on a tandem bicycle on our award winning Wine Trail Ride Cycling Tours. Click here for more details on the 30 Days of Local Wine Contest.
This delectable Riesling from Aleksander Estate Winery is perfect to bring along to your next holiday party!
The sugar and acidity level make this a perfect pairing wine, that’s sure to wow guests and pair well along side all dishes and hors d’oeuvres. The light and refreshing components make this white a crowd pleaser, catering to all palettes. It is a crisp and refreshing dry white, with soft aromas of lemon and grapefruit. This Riesling maintains its notorious acidity, making it an excellent companion for a wide range of foods as well as the power to shine through when used in your favourite wine based recipes.
Aleksander Estate loves this wine in a Swiss-Gouda cheese fondue. All you have to do is switch out the water for this Riesling and watch the taste and flavours blend together for a creamy taste everyone will love.
Chef Marco Malizia of Marco’s Pizzeria & Italian Eatery also had cheese in mind when we handed him a bottle to cook with, although he went in a different direction than fondue. He created a tasty sauce
Ricotta & Mushroom Stuffed Chicken Breast
- 250 gm Button or Cremini Mushrooms Sliced
- 125 gm Ricotta
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 8 Strips Of Bacon
- 1/2 Shallot Diced
- 2 Cloves Of Garlic Minced
- 4 Sprigs Of Thyme
- 1/4 Cup Chicken Stock
- 1/2 Cup Alexander Riesling
- 4 tbsp Butter
- Salt and Pepper (To Taste)
- Begin by adding some Canola oil and 1 TBS of Butter to a frying pan
- Add 1/2 of the sliced mushrooms and shallot with the sprinkle of a little salt and pepper for taste. Allow to cook until tender add 1 clove of garlic.
- Deglaze pan with 1/2 cup of Alexander Reisling. Allow to reduce till most of the liquid is gone.
- Set mushrooms aside to cool. When cooled, blend together with the ricotta and set the mixture aside.
- Make an incision at top of chicken till you are 1 inch from the bottom making sure not to make hole along the way. Put ricotta mixture in a piping bag and begin piping ricotta mixture into the pockets of the chicken breasts.
- Take 4 slices of bacon cut them in 1/2 arrange the other 4 slices by placing them vertically onto the cutting board add other 8 slices bacon across the other strips horizontally.
- Place chicken in middle and begin to wrap.
- Pre heat over to 400 Degrees please chicken on baking sheet and cook for 25-30 minutes until cooked.
- While chicken is cooking, in a frying pan begin to assemble the sauce. Begin by adding oil and butter to the pan, and saute remaining mushrooms and garlic.
- When both are cooked, add remaining wine and chicken stock reduce by half and remover from stove.
- Add remaining thyme and butter, remove chicken from oven slice in half for better presentation and pour sauce over chicken.