The nights have begun to turn a bit chilly. Good thing Anchor Coffee House has taught us a tasty way to stay warm.
Here’s a recipe for Masala Chai that is sure to warm your body and soul.
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- 7 green cardamom pods (crushed)
- 10 peppercorns
- 1 cinnamon stick (broken)
- 1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 star anise
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2 tsp loose leaf black tea
- organic cane sugar
- In a medium saucepan bring to a boil all the ingredients except the cane sugar and loose leaf black tea.
- Lower the heat and simmer about 30 mins.
- Add organic cane sugar to taste.
- Remove from heat and add 2 tsp loose leaf black tea.
- Steep an additional 5 mins and strain into cups.