Everybody should have a good pesto recipe filed away.
Chef Johnny Oran of Parkside Grille gave us a very easy Cilantro Pesto recipe to use for everything from a sauce on pasta, on a sandwich and more. He even Stuffed Roasted Cauliflower Head recipe that it works great with.
- 3 bunches of cleaned cilantro
- 2 cloves of peeled garlic
- 1/4 cup of grated manchego
- 1/2 cup of neutral oil
- 1/2 cup of toasted, cooled slivered almonds
- juice of 2 limes
- 2 to 3 pinches of kosher salt
Place almonds, salt, manchego and garlic in food processor and pulse till almonds are fully broken down 5 to 6 pulses. Then place cilantro and begin blending, while drizzling the oil in processor and finish off with lime juice. Add more oil and seasoning if necessary. Place into squeeze bottle.