We brought Chef Josh Deneau of Mauro’s on Erie back into the CTV Kitchen with us tonight to showcase a simple dish that everyone will love: Penne Bolognese
- 1lb ground beef
- 2 slices pancetta slab cubed
- 1/2 cup onion, 1/4 celery ribs,1/2 carrots puréed
- 1tbsp puréed garlic
- 200ml red wine
- 1 can San Marzano tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1tbsp dried basil
- 1/2tbsp thyme
- 250g of penne
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook cubed bacon until crisp, add ground beef and cook until browned.
- Add puréed vegetables and garlic mix well and add red wine and cook until completely evaporated.
- Add can of tomatoes and refill can half full with water and and add to sauce.
- Add all herbs and simmer for 3-4 hours on low heat.
- When sauce is ready, boil water and add penne. Cook to desired hardness.
- Drain penne.
- Add sauce over penne.