You may have tried them during the 2014 Eat Your City Restaurant Week, but, now you can make them at home.
Mona Kobrosli of The Leaf Grill joined our very own Pina Ciotoli on CTV Windsor with Arms Bumanlag showing us all how to make Greek Steak Tacos, a dish created specifically for the restaurant week.
- 6 x 6” soft tortilla shells
- 1⁄2 red onions sliced thin
- 1 small tomato diced small
- 1 small can of sliced black olives
- 6 oz feta cheese grated
- 1⁄2 head of leaf lettuce sliced thin
- 6-10 oz sliced steak cooked medium (sirloin) Replace beef with chicken if desired.
Mint Sour Cream Dressing:
- 10 oz Sour cream
- 1 tsp crushed garlic
- 1 tbsp. dried mint or 2 tbsp. fresh diced mint
- 1⁄4 tsp ground white pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 6 oz shredded cucumber
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Add all ingredients in a mixing bowl and combine. Dissolve ground white pepper in olive oil to prevent clumping before adding to sour cream.
- Layer lettuce, tomato, onions, sliced olives, feta cheese and steak in the center of the tortilla shells and top with sour cream dressing.
- Fold and enjoy.