The most wonderful time of the year for food lovers in Windsor-Essex is fast approaching.
Eat Your City Restaurant Week will be taking place from August 11-17, 2014. For the next few weeks on our Arms Eats segment on CTV Windsor, we’ll be featuring participating restaurants.
This week, we brought in Michael Cowan and Kun Sun of the recently opened The Carvery on the outskirts of Old Walkerville. They showed us how to make Porchetta, perfect for use in a sandwich or on its own.
- 5lb. pork belly, skin on
- 3-4lb. pork butt roast
- 2 tablespoons of rosemary
- 2 tablespoons of thyme
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 cup grainy Dijon mustard
- butcher twine
- Butterfly the pork roast to a uniform inch thickness.
- Lay the porkbelly skin down.
- Season both sides of the pork butt roast and the inside of the belly generously with salt and pepper.
- Use a spatula or spoon to spread the dijon mustard evenly over both the inside of the belly and all around the butt roast. Evenly apply the rosemary, thyme and parsley over the mustard.
- Roll the roast up tightly. Place the rolled roast on the belly. using at least 3 long pieces of twine tie the belly to the roast. place on a roasting pan skin side up.
- Place it in a preheated 400f oven until the internal temp is 160f.