Joe Fallea of Il Gabbiano, located on Windsor’s Via Italia, was our special guest today with Arms Bumanlag on CTV Windsor. Together, we made ourselves a wonderful Spaghetti Pesto dish that’s simple and tasty.
Feeds 2 people
- Cherry tomatoes x 12
- Basil leaves two bunches
- 4 garlic cloves
- Pine nuts ( optional ) 3 table spoons
- olive oil as much as you would like to use
- 200 grams of Gluten free pasta ( other options can be regular pasta , spaghetti squash , rice noodles or risotto )
- Parmesan cheese as much as you want
- Sun dried tomatoes 8 pieces
To make basil pesto . add basil and garlic in a blender or bullet. add a olive oil enough to get a creamy finish
pine nuts optional and grade 2 tbs spoons of Parmesan cheese.
Cook pasta in boiling water for desired time on packaging and two tbs of sea salt , in a sauté pan add olive oil and pesto
and heat up the pesto and cherry tomatoes sea salt to taste , add pasta when cooked toss very well and place in bowls
add grated Parmesan cheese and diced sundered tomatoes.