Tonight on CTV Windsor, we showcased the popular Lorelei’s Bistro in Old Walkerville. With temperatures dropping again and more snow on the way, they served up a great recipe to help you keep warm and forget about the weather.
- 3 oz Jasmine rice
- 6 oz Mussel (fresh)
- 4 oz Boneless chicken breast, sliced
- 4 oz Andouille sausage, sliced
- 3 oz Shrimp, halved
- 8 oz Creole sauce
- 1.5 cup Chicken stock
- 1 Tsp. Butter
- 1 oz Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tsp. Blackening or Cajun seasoning
- Heat the butter and oil then add the sausage and Cajun just to caramelize. Next add the rice and cook for 30 seconds then add creole and stock and cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
- After the 15 minutes add the chicken and mussels and cover stirring once. Let cook for another 10 minutes and then add shrimp cover again for 2-3 minutes covered.