Windsor-Essex is falling in love with beer again.
To celebrate our rekindled romance, here are four events that Windsor-Essex beer lovers should flock to over the next week:
November 23, 2012: Motor Burger Launches Santa’s Sleigh Porter
Motor Craft Ales is always launching seasonal ales. Brewer Ed Leblang was sucking on a candy cane when this idea hit him to come up with Santa’s Sleigh, a porter made with English ale yeast and Tettnanger hops.
This porter has a slight roasted barley taste with a pronounced chocolate taste from chocolate and a peppermint aftertaste from candy cane. It is Rudolf approved. If you’re visiting Motor Burger for a pint and a burger, this beer pairs nice with the Autostrada as the flavor of the peppermint works well with the Italian sausage.
November 26, 2012, 7:00-9:00pm: Jack’s Beer Club
Another edition of the very popular Beer Club at Jack’s Gastropub is taking place with the theme of Stouts, Porters, and Stews. The fee is $30 per person and Jack’s will feature four great brews complete with delicious Jack’s grub.
Space is limited and Beer Club always sells out, so if you want in there’s no time to delay.
“Beer seems to be a little bit more versatile than wine”, says owner Trevor Loop. “The goal is to educate people on the different styles of beer available and what they can be paired with.”
This months Beer Club will feature:
- Railway City Black Coal Stout
- Food Pairing – Beef Stew: Savoury beef stew with potatoes, carrots, mushroom in a rich rosemary broth, served with a rosemary/cheddar biscotti
- Wellington County Chocolate Milk Stout
- Food Pairing – Lamb Stew: Savoury-wweet stew with carrots, sweet potato, squash and turnip, served with a country style biscuit
- A Surprise Beer
- Food Pairing – Fish Stew: Salmon, cod and shrimp in a savoury-spicy tomato broth with sweet onion, tomato, roasted red peppers and fennel, served with toasted sour dough
- Mill Street Vanilla Porter
- Food Pairing – Chicken Stew: Chicken stew with sweet onions, carrots, red beans, chick pea, bell pepper in a Moroccan influenced broth, served with raisin dumplings
Jack’s Beer Club takes place the last Monday of each month.
November 29, 2012, 6:30-8:30pm: The RyeGate’s Brew Club
The evening will give guests an opportunity to sample the Vintage Ale, a rare brew by St. Ambroise Brewery, located in Montreal, Quebec, which is brewed just once a year. Three other brews will be featured and all four will be paired with unique samplers that will complement the drink.
December 1, 2012: Rye, Tequila and Beer, Oh My! Walking Tour
A hit with everyone that has participated, our very own walking tour, while also sampling Whisky from Canadian Club and Tequila from Canada’s largest tequila selection at Walkermole (unofficially), will be stopping by Walkerville Brewery to sample some of the great work put into the reincarnation of Windsor’s only full scale brewer. Between stops you’ll also take in some of Olde Walkerville’s great architecture and history.
Tickets are $40 per person. Private tours are also available making this the perfect gift for friends, family or staff.