On February 26, 2012, The City Grill in downtown Windsor will be hosting a gourmet meal based on wordplay from your childhood memories. The evening of Duck, Duck, Goose will be 4 courses showcasing either duck or goose. Cost is $60 per person as each course is paired with a carefully selected wine. Here is a look at the menu:
- Heour D’ouvres (Paired with Carmel Road Pinot Noir, California):
- Duck wing rillette
- 5 spiced duck spring rolls
- duck liver pate with pear and lavash flat bread
- Second Course (Paired with Angels Gate Sussreserve Riesling, Niagara):
- Smoked duck breast and foie gras terrine duet with winter plum jam, petite greens and sweet wine gelee served with brioche toast.
- Third Course (Paired with Laudun Chusclas Les Genets Cotes du Rhone Villages, France):
- Duck leg confit traditionally served with white bean cassoulet, duck fried brussel sprouts, fingerling potatoes and dark bone jus.
- Dessert (Paired with Domaine pinnacle ice cider , Quebec):
- Duck apple tart: pastry crust made with goose fat (instead of butter), sweet apples seared in rendered duck drippings served with rum raisin ice cream.
Reservations for this evening are required.