Eat Your City Culinary Week is just around the corner (August 1-7) and we’ve compiled a list of ways how you can get in on the fun, interact and maximize your Eat Your City experience!
1. Spread the Word, See an IMAX Movie
Yup, it’s a possibility. From now to July 30, 2011, if you tweet the following on Twitter you are entered to win one of two prizes of 2 tickets to see a film a Windsor’s new IMAX theatre (you can click the link below to auto-fill a tweet):
On Sunday, July 31, 2011, pay attention to your Twitter account as we’ll tweet the winners!
2. Tweet Your Eats
If you have a Twitter account, simply use the #eyc2011 hashtag on anything Eat Your City related. Tell us the restaurant you went to, the 3 courses you selected, your verdict on how delicious it was, photos, videos…we want to hear and see it all!
3. Facebook Your Reviews and Photos
Pretty much everyone has a Facebook account, right? Well a great way to show us what and where you ate is to like WindsorEats on Facebook and post your photos and comments on our wall.
4. Send Videos of Your Meals
Love the limelight? Then we’re willing to give you the opportunity to have a video of you and your meal on WindsorEats. Simply upload a video of your Eat Your City experience to YouTube and send us the link for a chance to have it posted on WindsorEats.com.
5. Write a Short Post
If you haven’t been able to tell, we absolutely love and get really excited for Eat Your City, so we’re constantly looking for things to post about it. Send us photos and a short blurb about your meal(s) and it could be posted on WindsorEats.
6. Create a Swarm at Your Favourite Restaurant
Love a certain restaurant so much you want to make sure they succeed? Organize a ‘Crowd Swarm’ and have as many people possible dine at and simultaneously digitally ‘check-in’ to the restaurant on apps like FourSquare, Facebook, etc.
These would work best on an early weekday as weekends at the restaurants tend to already be busy. As always, we strongly recommend making reservations during Eat Your City and when making the reservations we also recommend letting them know you’re coming for the Eat Your City special menu.
7. Attend an Eat Your City Event
Nothing says interaction like actually taking part in something! In addition to some fantastic deals on meals, there will be events taking place throughout the week celebrating Eat Your City:
- August 1-7: Sprucewood Shores Estate Winery is offering picnic baskets to use on their beautiful vineyard
- August 2-6: Artcite presents Visual Fringe “Monster” gallery exhibit.
- August 4: A Garden Party at Rino’s Kitchen will showcase seasonal local food with international flavours to raise funds for the Arts Council – Windsor & Region.
- August 6: Flicks & Fare Food Film Festival, or f5, is presented by WindsorEats and the Windsor International Film Festival. The event will include a free screening of Ratatouille for families as well screenings of Grown in Detroit and Kings of Pastry. Demonstrations and Q&A’s will also be put on between shows.
So there you have it. 7 fun ways to interact with all the good stuff happening during Eat Your City 2011. If you happen to see either Pina or myself out at the restaurants, feel free to say hello!
Do you have any other ideas or suggestions on how to make Eat Your City interactive? Leave us a comment!