The Manchester Pub continues its push of soccer following a successful year that saw record crowds for 2010 World Cup, last season’s English Premier League and Champion’s League. This Sunday June 26th marks the kick-off of the 2011 Women’s World Cup, with Canada being represented by one of our country’s strongest soccer teams in years!
Canada faces host country Germany at 12 noon on Sunday and The Manchester will be showing the game live with full sound on all of their television sets. Throughout the game, there will also be a meet and greet with some members of the Border City Brawlers, Windsor’s first women’s flat track roller derby team. During the half time, Windsor’s own Tara Watts will perform a special set. The entire event is free to the public.
Their television schedule for the first round is as follows:
- Sun. June 26 – Canada vs. Germany (12noon)
- Mon. June 27 – England vs. Mexico (12noon)
- Tues. June 28 – USA vs. Korea DPR (12noon)
- Wed. June 29 – Brazil vs. Australia (12noon)
- Thurs. June 30 – Canada vs. France (12noon)
- Thurs. June 30 – Germany vs. Nigeria (2:45pm)
- Fri. July 1 – New Zealand vs. England (12noon)
- Sat. July 2 – USA vs. Columbia (12noon)
- Sun. July 3 – Brazil vs. Norway (12noon)
- Tues. July 5 – England vs. Japan (12noon)
- Tues. July 5 – Canada vs. Nigeria (2:45pm)
If you haven’t tried their recently released menu yet, this is a perfect opportunity.